Thursday, July 29, 2010

This Saturdays Ladies Only Bike ride 7/31/2010

Good Morning Ladies
A few Ladies went up and did the Taylor House bike ride and had a great time. This will be, a must do ride for next year. You can ask Amy, Liz, Joe, Natalie and I believe Christina(one of the sisters) about the ride.
This Saturday we are doing one loop of the Ironman course. We will meet at Tempe Town Lake in the parking lot on the corner of Rio Salada and Ash. we will meet at 5:15 ready to ride at 5:30 am. This will also be a SAG ride so chime in if you are planning on attending.

I had a great time at my 30th Class reunion, It was great to see all my classmates. but I did miss riding with you. I spoke of you all with my friends and they wanted me to pass on a congrates and to tell you all to keep it up because you are an inspiration for us all.
As far as my training, you can follow me at www.lavernesjourney.blogspot.com but I wanted to post this log here for you to read.


FIve Months to Ironman
When I started this journey, I stated, "Wow in 9 months I could have a baby", this was how I looked at the journey to Ironman. In a sense they are similar, The body will have to go through some major transformation in this process.
In the last 4 months I have lost some friends, but I have gained even more friends. I have hit the wall with my swimming, so I walked away for 2 weeks with, thought that I cant do this, but, when I went back. I found out that I can, I just have to stay focused and 'in that moment'.
I've learned to look at, what I'm asking my body to do and to look at what, I am giving it, to do it with. meaning proper sleep, good nutrition, and plenty of fluids along with enough recovery time.
I've learned that my swim will be off the day after a 100 mile bike ride or staying up at a 24 hr Mtn.bike event.
But In the month of June,
I've learned what it will take & how it feels to get out of my comfort Zone on my bike.I've learned that If I want to maintain a certain mph over a period of time with hills. I will have to surpass that avg by .6 mph. because I've also realized that I lose .3 mph on every hill climb. Therefore the down hill will play a very important part in this. Again I have to stay focused and 'in that Moment'.
Now with 5 months to go I have to transform this body a bit more, to become a better runner w/out injury.
I am still having fun in the moment

Thank you all for your Support and for making this happen
Have a great week
LaVerne
602-565-1839
www.theladiespac.blogspot.com
Oh yea, If you are intrested in doing the MS 150 bike ride next march please join us for a short meeting after the bike ride this saturday, on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment