Monday, March 28, 2011

Bike Information by Kevin

Ladies,

There are a myriad of bikes to choose from in the bicycle industry. So many, in fact, that choosing one can be quite overwhelming. I'm a big fan of value. Yes, value. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the latest and greatest light weight freak machine. I'm saying that for me, value is a very important.

Speed bikes: Speed bikes range from $450 to about $2000. They are a road bike that uses flat (mountain style) handle bars. Therefore, you get the speed of a road bike with out being forced into the super bent position. Great way to get a lot of bike for the money since the controls cost so much less. Stay away from them IF you want to progress into racing or long distance riding.

Road bikes: Road bikes range from $550 to about $12000 and even higher. My favorite zone is in the $1K to $2K range. Lots of bang for the buck and you will notice every upgrade as you go up the scale. Once you go North of $2K, the differences become much less. Below $1K, you will find that it is more difficult to keep up and your bike will not function as smoothly and crisply

If you have more question please contact La Verne,Kevin at the Tribe or your local bike shop.

A note from La Verne: The only thing that I would suggest strongly. If you wish to do road biking the hybrid bike is too heavy. It will make you a much stronger rider trying to keep up with the group but you will always wounder why am I working so hard..

Bike level in order: Race bike,Road bike,Speed bike,Hybrid bike, Mt.bike...
For the type of riding we will be doing I suggest a Speed bike or a Road bike.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment