Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A note from Nora

Good Morning Laverne!

Well we finished! 3:44:55 Linda and I came in together in true ladies style....We told Emily to go ahead, she wanted to run more than we could handle....she finished about 30 minutes before us. Kristen did the full! Her time was within 5 hours.

What hurts the most now is where the end of the front of my legs meet the top of my feet. Right after the race and throughout the night it hurt to walk. I did take an epsom salt bath and it really helped.

I want to thank you for all that you do. If it weren't for you and THE LADIES, I would not be doing what I do for my well-being at all. Maybe I would take an occasional bike ride with Craig and the kids, but nothing like what I do now. My mind is already thinking about what next. Your spirit was with us all ! We sported our ladies jersey too and received lots of compliments and support from those who know the ladies.

I know without even knowing that you do it, you will continue to inspire me. I hope you can see and feel how your decision to start the ladies group has impacted so many lives and beyond. It flows through me, then to my family, friends, old friends, new friends, etc.....Never ever did I think that I would cycle or complete a 1/2 marathon.

Love and Hugs,

Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment